Farmers Market Breakfast Tacos:
For the balsamic glaze:
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
For the tacos:
- 4 corn tortillas
- ½ cup grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Micro-greens (sprouts or mixed greens)
For the balsamic reduction:
- Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the vinegar can coat a spoon.
- Set the balsamic reduction aside to cool. The mixture will thicken as it cools. It shoulder be thick and stick, but not so thick that it’s hard to stir. If too thick and a bit more vinegar, if not thick enough put back on the burner until it thickens a little more.
For the tacos:
- Brush large nonstick skillet with oil of choice. Char tortillas until blackened in spots, turning with tongs. Arrange tortillas in single layer and sprinkle each tortilla with Tablespoons grated cheese and set aside.
- Cook bacon until it’s three-fourths of the way done, brush with maple syrup, and finish cooking. Chopping into bite size pieces, set aside.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons cilantro in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add green onions to a skillet and saute 2 minutes. Add egg mixture and stir until very softly set, about 1 minute. Remove egg from heat.
- Divide egg mixture among tortillas, top with micro-greens, and sprinkle with bacon bits and ramining cilantro. Fold each tortilla in half and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Grilled Mexican Corn Salad:
- 3 limes, divided
- 8 large ears fresh, yellow corn, husks removed
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- ⅓ cup sliced, chopped chives
- Cut 2 limes in half and squeeze juice from lime halves to equal about ¼ cup
- Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Brush corn with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Grill corn, covered with grill lid, 10 to 12 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. (Kernels may char and pop.)
- Cut kernels from cobs into a large bowl. Stir cheese, chives, and lime juice into kernels. Cut remaining lime into 4 wedges, and serve with corn salad.
**Recipes from Pinterest**