Taco Pasta Salad
- 10 oz Rotini
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon Ranch seasoning (dry)
- 1/2 cup Green onions (diced)
- 1 cup Red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 can Corn (15.25 oz and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese (shredded)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add mayo and sour cream. Add taco and ranch seasoning and mix until well combined. Add pasta to this and toss until all pasta is coated.
- Add green onions, bell pepper, corn, and cheese. Toss again to mix and then allow to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.
Chili Lime Sweet Corn Salad
- 6 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Boil the corn for 3 minutes, then remove and allow to cool slightly so that they can be handled.
- Cut kernels off the cob into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, lime juice, chili powder, and chopped cilantro.
- Pour the chili lime mixture over the corn and mix to coat.
- Add the crumbled queso fresco and stir. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers
Thai Grilled Chicken
- 5-6 Boneless Chicken thigh with/ without skin
- 1/3 cups Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tspn light Soy Sauce
- 1 tspn Fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced lemongrass
- dash of Sriracha or any hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Lemon Wedges and Coriander leave while serving
- In a zip-lock bag or big mixing bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned above except chicken thighs. Check the seasoning.
- Add cleaned chicken thighs to the marinade.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Heat a grill over medium-high, be sure grates are clean and well oiled to prevent sticking.
- Cook chicken about 4-5 minutes on each side, until grill marks appear and chicken is cooked through.
- If making on the stove-top, heat a grill pan. grease it with oil. Place chicken thigh skin side down. Cook 4-5 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook the other side for another 4-5 minutes. Then broil at the top rack of the oven for 3-4 minutes @ 250 degree Celsius.
Bacon, Pineapple, Chicken Kabobs
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large pineapple, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 strips of thick cut bacon
- FOR THE HAWAIIAN SAUCE:
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 long skewers
- To make the Hawaiian sauce: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes. Set-aside until ready to use.
- Thread the skewers. Weave the bacon around each piece of chicken and pineapple, stick the bell pepper and onion together and weave the bacon around both of those. You’ll need two strips of bacon per skewer if using 4 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces each of pineapple, bell pepper and onion. Brush some olive or vegetable oil evenly over each kabob.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Grill the kabobs for 10-15, turning a couple of times, until done.
- Slather with hot Hawaiian sauce and serve immediately.