First of all a big THANK-YOU to all are Veterans! We are so appreciative for all of you who have served, are serving, and who serve in the future! Thank-you for everything that you have done for us and our country!
Independence Day is a time to get together with friends and family to celebrate our freedom. What is a Fourth of July Celebration without fireworks, friends, family, and FOOD! Here are a few fun and easy to make party food ideas. There is even a kid friendly Red, White, and Blue drink listed at the bottom. Hope everyone has a fun and safe day!
Red, White, and Blue Firework Poke Cake
- 1 18.25 oz pkg white cake mix, prepared to package instructions
- 1 3 oz pkg strawberry jello, divided when prepared with 1 cup boiling water
- 1 3 oz pkg blue raspberry jello, divided when prepared with one cup boiling water
- 2 cups boiling water for the jello
- 2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- red, white, & blue sprinkles
- Liberally spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Mix up and bake the white cake in the dish, according to the package instructions for it. Remove the cooked cake, and let completely cool.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to poke evenly out over the cake.
- In separate bowls, mix together the red and blue jello, each with one cup of boiling water. Spoon half (reserving the other half) of the jello mixture evenly out over the cake, making sure to pour and spread over the holes. For best presentation results, do a row of blue, then red, and repeat.
- Next, in two separate bowls, add 8 oz of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the remainder of the red to one bowl, and the blue to the other. Stir to completely combine. When smooth, add food coloring- as needed- to make the mixture more vibrant.
- Spread the red cream cheese mixture out evenly over the cake, then the blue. Chill for an hour.
- Spread the whipped topping evenly out over the top of the cake. Chill for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with the festive sprinkles right before serving. Slice and enjoy!
*Recipe from 4sonsrus.com found on Pinterest*
Red, White, and Blue Kid Friendly Drink
- 1 cup cranapple juice
- 1 cup Sobe Elixer Pina Colada
- 1 cup Blue G2 Gatorade
Instructions to Make it Perfectly for that Layered Look
Make sure all ingredients are well chilled.
- Fill glass 1/4 of the way with ice.
- Fill with cranapple juice just to 1/3 way up.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes or until ice layer has formed on red layer. It won’t take as long if the glasses are smaller.
- Fill to top with ice.
- Gently fill with pina colada by pouring over the back of a spoon to 2/3 way up.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes or until ice layer has formed on white layer.
- Gently fill with G2 by pouring over the back of a spoon rest of way up
*Recipe from eatingonadime.com found on Pinterest*
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup jarred jalapeño slices, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4-5 8-inch flour tortillas
- Add all ingredients except tortillas to a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat on low until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture between tortillas and spread evenly.
- Tightly roll tortillas and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut off ends and cut into slices.
You can cook 2-3 slices of bacon and crumble it or use bacon bits.
Freezer tip: Place slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in freezer until frozen. Transfer to a freezer safe container or freezer bag. To thaw, place desired amount of pinwheels on counter for about 30 minutes before serving.
*recipe from motherthyme.com found on Pinterest*
4th of July Fruit Salsa
- 1 C. strawberries diced
- 1 C. blueberries
- 1 C. jicama peeled and diced
- 1/4 C. red onion diced
- 1/4 C. cilantro chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients together and salt to taste! The flavors will marry over time so feel free to let it hang out in the bowl for 20 minutes before serving!
*Recipe from yourcupofcake.com found on Pinterest*
Patriotic Party Dip
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups guacamole
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups yogurt mix 4 oz cream cheese + 1 cup plain greek yogurt + 2-3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 can black olives
- 2 cups sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- Layer ingredients in the order listed on a 12 x 18 pan or tray.
- Serve with tortilla chips
To Take this to the “Patriotic” level once you have covered the top in cheese, place the black beans in the top left corner to make the “stars” section of the American flag. Next use the tomatoes to make the red stripes on the American flag.
*Recipe from superhealthykids.com found on Pinterest*